Sunday 12 July 2015

A Book that Changed Me


Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell (as well as the film screenplay of the same name by Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer and Andy Wachowski)


I came into contact with Cloud Atlas shortly before Christmas last year when I watched it on the recommendation of a friend and my mind was immediately blown – soon after, I read the book. The story powerfully reinforces the sheer individuality of each of our life paths and the way they are all bound up within this single enormous volume of human history, and how we affect other people’s lives as much as our own is affected by others. It greatly influences me to strive to live the life I truly want as the best human being I can be.

Image reference link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Cloud_atlas.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read this one, but sounds like I should. I reckon I'd buy this book for the cover alone. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so beautiful! It matches the story - just a truly lovely tale. I would definitely recommend you do! :)

      Delete